Understanding Mental Health Treatment Plans from your GP
If you have a mental health care plan from your GP here’s a few things to know:
- NOT ALL mental health providers are able to access this service for you. Currently only Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses and Occupational Therapists are supported.
- There are different levels of subsidy that Medicare provides for a mental health service.
- There is usually a gap that you will have to pay to the provider.
- A non-Medicare provider, such as a counsellor or psychotherapist, usually charges less because of this difference and so it is best to consider the overall cost.
- Medicare providers at Solutions Chatswood are Choon-Hwa Lim and Ros Knight.
- Relationship counselling is not eligible for a Medicare rebate.
- Mental Health Care plans are subject to specific brief therapy interventions.